Frequently Asked Questions
Brothers Bedding factory makes your mattress the day before we deliver it to you or you can pick it up if you choose.
- Warranties are a difficult part of shopping for a mattress. Most national brand name manufacturers offer warranties from 1 to 20 years. Warranties only cover defects in materials and workmanship, normal wear and tear considered. If you have a warranty problem the warranty will cover 100% of the labor and material cost to repair or replace a defective mattress or box spring. Broken or protruding coils and wires are rare under normal usage. Over time, a mattress will wear out.
- When shopping for a mattress look for the best support and most comfortable mattress, at a price that you can afford. Ask sales associate for complete details.
- Mattresses today are made with twice the foam and padding that they were made with years ago. This natural settling or body impression is normal. Flip your mattress. We offer 2 sided mattresses that last much longer than a 1 sided mattress. We offer a flip service at the point of sale. It is a great way to flip your mattress regularly. No hassle for you.
- If you spill anything that stains the mattress, leave it uncovered so it can dry out on its own. Don’t use water based products to clean your mattress. We also offer Scotch guard treatment at the point of sale. Scotch guard will repel water until you can blot it away.
- Brothers Bedding accepts checks, cash, credit cards or financing. We offer special financing options with approved credit. Call us for details. Most financing offers no money down.
Correct posture is an important part of your mattress and foundation. So when shopping for a mattress, have your salesperson check the position of your hips and lower back, the heaviest parts of your midsection. While the mattress and box spring set acts as a complete support system, the innerspring inside your mattress provides most of the support. The heavier the spring, the better the support and durability the mattress will provide. So when evaluating the quality of the mattress you are considering, ask your salesperson for information on the types of coils used in the mattress.
Brothers Bedding makes all sizes and shapes of mattresses for your boat, camper, truck, antique bed, or any size that you want. When you measure your special size mattress, be sure to allow 1″ or even 1.5″ total on length and width. If you are not sure how to measure your custom size mattress, you can bring it to our factory or mail a template of the mattress and we will figure it out for you. Also, if you have a waterbed, the usual size of a queen waterbed is “60 x 84” and a king waterbed is usually “72 x 84”.
What is your return policy?
Why should I buy a mattress from Brothers Bedding?
Do I have to flip a Brothers Bedding mattress and is the padding the same on both sides?
DO I HAVE TO FLIP MY MATTRESS TO GET THE FULL WARRANTY?
How often should I turn/flip my mattress?
WHEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY MATTRESS AND BOX/FOUNDATION?
DO YOU DELIVER?
HOW DO WE GET YOUR MATTRESS SET UP A TIGHT STAIRCASE?
Your weight and height is something that you must consider when choosing a new set of bedding.
Brothers Bedding can custom make any size, firmness or softness that you need regardless of your situation. Custom bedding is one our specialties.
WHAT ARE THE STANDARD SIZES OF OUR MATTRESS SETS?
- Twin 38 x 74
- Full 54 x 74
- Queen 60 x 80
- King 76 x 80
Depending on how thick your new mattress is, it can vary 1” to 1.5”. If you buy a queen or king, you will probably rest better because of the extra room you will have. A queen is wider and longer that a full size. Also a king is much wider and is the same length as a queen size.
National name brands will try to promote 1 sided, no flip mattresses. Brothers Bedding offers a 2 sided, flippable mattress that will last much longer than a 1 sided, non flippable mattress. (It just makes sense). Some name brand stores promote that new technology will make a 1 sided mattress hold up for 8 years. With a Brothers Bedding 2 sided, flippable mattress, you can expect it to last to 15 years or longer (wear and tear considered). Simply put, a 2 sided, flippable mattress is the right choice for your money.
Brothers Bedding offers all types of financing. 12 to 60 months. Ask one of our salespeople for details. Call one of our stores if you would like to know details of the choices you have before you shop.
When do Brothers Bedding mattresses go on sale?
Does Brothers Bedding give free frames with a new mattress set?
How do the innersprings used by Brothers Bedding compare to the ones used by the national manufacturers?
What is the warranty on a Brothers Bedding mattress?
What makes one foam better than another?
The second rating of a foam is its ILD, or Indentation Load Deflection. This refers to the foam’s firmness. This number represents the amount of force it takes to compress a 4” sample of the foam 1” (25% of it’s thickness). The higher the number, the more force it takes to compress the foam and the firmer it is. Two foams can have the same ILD, e.g. 35, but different densities. This means that they may feel the same when new, but the higher density foam will last longer than the lower density foam.
Foams are given a four digit number representing the product’s specifications, such as 2627. The first two digits represent the density. In this example 26 means 2.6 lbs per cubic foot. A decimal point is always added between the first two digits to determine the density. The second two digits represent the ILD, or firmness of the foam.
How does the foam in a Brothers Bedding mattress compare to the foams used in other mattresses?
Why don’t other manufacturers use higher density foams?
How many coils are there in a good mattress?
At Brothers Bedding we still go by the industry standard and refer to our coil counts by the number in a full size mattress. We consider any spring with a coil count of 368 and above to be a premium spring capable of lasting the life of the mattress, even with heavier people using the product. An innerspring with a coil count of 312 is still good for every night use by children and adults of average weight and will still last a long time.
I have seen cheaper mattresses at some of the “Discount Warehouse” stores, why are they cheaper?
How do I care for my new mattress?
My old mattress had large body impressions, how do I prevent that?
All mattresses, even ours, will show some settling of the layers of padding where you sleep, and this is normal with today’s thickly padded mattresses, and not a sign of the mattress breaking down. In a mattress with quality padding, these impressions should be small, usually less than an inch. Turning and flipping (which you can do with our mattresses) helps reduce this, and extends the life of your mattress. We have seen mattresses with low quality padding have impressions or sags exceeding 3 inches!